What Should I Carry When Checking Into Rehab
Rehab treatment centres permit certain things and prohibit certain items; you should know the policy of your rehab treatment facility beforehand.
Some items are prohibited in the rehab centres. A recommended packing list is provided by most centres, which also provide you with a list of items that are prohibited.
You will be required to check in after you arrive at the rehab and begin the process for the admission. The staff will carefully check your belonging to ensure you are not carrying any banned substance or item with you. Many inpatient facilities record the stuff you bring in their database in order to ensure none of your stuff is left behind when you check out.
Supplies are permitted in the therapy clinics. Different centres have different policies in place for extra stuff.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Looking For Packing Info
Please make sure to consult your rehab with allowed and prohibited things to bring or you can check on their page online. In case this page is missing, you must check the FAQ page which too can contain packing information. Some centres are known to offer packing checklists, which is printable that you can refer to while packing. Calling the rehab centre is an option in case you can't find packing information anywhere on the site. They will let you know of all the items. If you have any doubts you will find all the answers and explanations before your admission.
Items That Most Clinics Endorse
It is a given that rules vary from one centre to another, others are still while others are a bit lenient.
These are some of the things that you will find allowed in most rehabs
- Names, contact information, and addresses of people you want to be notified or involved in the process whenever required.
- You are also allowed to carry the jewellery which is used regularly and is considered as a necessity like your wedding rings or a watch.
- You should not bring costly jewellery items with you.
- Alarm clock with no other features like radio or what not.
- You will be provided these items in some facilities, so confirm about this before purchasing one.
- Existing prescription medication should have complete and accurate labels and original container.
- All the medicines must be up to date and prescribed by a certified doctor.
- It is also important to provide a list of all your medications and prescribed quantities.
- Some cash can also be carried in small amounts £50-£100 in smaller bills for vending machines and store runs.
- Your check book, credit card and debit card for the payment of treatment medications are also allowed.
- Identification cards and insurance cards where they are necessary.
- All the contact information that may be used in case of anything.
- A notebook or a journal.
- Envelopes or stamps in instances where you need to write and mail letters to friends and family.
- Photographs of friends or loved ones you hold dear.
- Books and magazines will probably be given by your clinic.
- Most of the items that are allowed should play some part in the recovery process.
- ADVISE Paperback books are more convenient than hardcovers.
What Clothes For The Centre
Some centres have prescribed dress codes or limitations that you have to consider. In case you are not aware about how the weather will be like, carry some summer as well as winter clothes with you.
You have to bear in mind that the sizes of the rooms in the facility may not be as big as your room at home.
You should carry enough clothing for a week because you will have access to a laundry machine within the centres. Try not to bring clothes which require special washing like dry cleaning for example.
Some of the best type of clothing to bring along with you are
- Shoes An everyday comfortable shoes, a training or sports shoes for fitness activities, and flip flops for showering
- Shirts Ensure your shirts are in line with the dress code of your centre.
- Pants Comfortable pants fit for any occasion
- Shorts The dress code of the centres will determine the length of the shorts.
- One or two smart dresses for special occasions.
- Bathing suit One is more than enough.
- A Jacket/Coat.
- A bathrobe.
- Caps or hats, although they may not be allowed indoors.
Hygiene And Beauty Products That Are Acceptable
A number of centres require alcohol-free toiletries and personal products. Some allow alcohol-containing products only when alcohol doesn't feature in the first three ingredients. You will not be allowed to carry aerosols.
You should hygiene and cosmetic products that should last a month
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hair gels
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream
Items Prohibited In Rehabilitation
Certain items are not allowed inside the premises of rehab centres. The measures taken to ensure your safety and to create the best environment for your recovery. Most of the following item are not allowed in many rehabs
- Drugs and alcohol
- Sedatives or forbidden prescriptions
- Arms (pistols, blades, scissors, piercing objects, etc.)
- Food and drink
- Everyday stuff containing alcohol
- Medications that are not prescribed
- Nail polish and other related products
- Video games and movies in any media
- Sporting apparatus
- Clothing that is not descent
- Cleaning products (bleach, ammonia, etc.)
- Electronics [televisions, gaming consoles, etc.]
- Incense and candles
- Statement shirts with explicit or statements in reference to drugs, violence or substance abuse
One may not imagine that some of these items could be banned. Retrieval will be better off without such distractions. The centre houses most such items and you will enjoy access to them as per the guidelines of your centre.
Most centres don't encourage consumption of too much caffeine and sugar, and that's why outside food and drinks are prohibited. Three healthy meals, beverages, and snacks are provided by the centre. You should look forward to notifying your rehab before being admitted if you have any special dietary requirements.
These Items Are Permitted By Some Clinics But Not Others
Because policies differ from centre to centre, it is possible to find that some items are allowed in one and not in another. These are some of the items that may be allowed or not allowed in the facilities
- Your Laptop and Smartphone
- You will be able to use these items at certain times if they are permitted by your clinic.
- Just don't forget to take the charger with you.
- You may be allowed to smoke at some time.
- These centres usually have some restrictions regarding the number of cartons you can bring in.
- Vitamins and OTC Medications
- They have to be new not previously opened.
- Chewing Gums
- These must also be new.
- Music Players
- You might be permitted to bring along entertainment devices that can work without speakers and internet.
- Shutterbugs can rest assured that some centres will allow cameras that are not Internet capable.
- Disposable or Electric Shavers or Razors
- Because there is risk of injury, many centres don't allow them.
- You can bring disposable razors with you.
- Nail Clippers
- Nail clippers may be banned by some centres, but this is not a common habit.
- Things That Remind You Of Home
- Many centres allow patients to bring their own mattresses and pillows and other stuff to give their room a more homely appearance.
- Before packing any of these items you should double check with the chosen rehab centres, whether they allow such items.
What Will Happen To A Contraband That I Brought With Me
Don't freak out if you bring along something forbidden after you get to the clinic. The personnel will just endorse it to your accompanying friend or loved one. In case you got no one with you at the time of admission, they will hold the item for 24 hours until your representative can claim it. Your objects can be kept at the centre until you finish your therapy.
This is mainly in instances where the close relatives are far and cannot come immediately. Make sure you review the regulations of your centre by calling them. You will wish to have back your forbidden objects packed by error. Make sure your objects are sent back to your house if they are not kept by the clinic.
Packing For Rehabilitation Can Be Easy If you have doubts about some object review your clinic's regulations. Ask for a checklist whenever available so you can use as a guide. The best thing is to make sure that you have essential stuff with you.
Find Support Now
A number of treatment centres will allow you to bring certain things, which can make your life comfortable during the treatment. Look for top clinics that can suite your necessities with the support of our therapy experts.
We can connect you with one if you get in touch with us on 0800 246 1509 .