Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Rehab?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detoxification Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. As much as there are differences in the detox programme based on the nature and severity of addiction, most of the withdrawal symptoms are actually discomforting and could be lethal too. The pains and other issues that are due to the detox process could be reduced through the rightful treatment in a detox programme under proper medical supervision.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After the detoxification has been completed, rehabilitation continues with different behavioural therapeutic interventions. In rehabilitation, an individual takes part in one-on-one and/group therapy sessions to identify and deal with the underlying reasons of his/her dependency. The recovering addicts also learn to tell what leads them to take the drugs, how to avoid those risks in order not to revert to addiction.
- Aftercare When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. This could consist of some combination of continuous therapy, support groups, and arrangements for sober living arrangements, when required.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
In studies, it's been discovered that patients who are in treatment for three months or more have a better chance of long term sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. Addiction recovery is a long, perpetual process. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. And, according to reliable studies, less situations of relapse are witnessed when prolonged aftercare is given.
What Happens When One Relapses
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. You are the only one who can control your dependency, and rehabilitation will assist you to get the required expertise to stay sober.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities available - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Length of program - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Area - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Sort of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. What makes addiction costly
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Time off work or loss of job
- Legal fines and fees
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Can I Use Insurance?
Drug rehabilitation programs normally accept insurance. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. Some programs might offer a sliding scale payment or can offer financing options to make payments more manageable.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Residential Rehab Treatment
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
People who have severe addictions, addictions that have been going on for a very long time, or any coexisting medical or mental conditions typically look for an inpatient facility. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
Outpatient projects can change. A few outpatient programmes include sessions that last throughout the day, whilst other programmes might only treat a patient for a few hours per day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Some or the entire cost may be covered by some insurance plans.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. In the bid to choose the best addiction rehab program for you, you should send your enquiries to our rehab placement agents.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programs A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Most employers will give you up to 12 weeks of time off under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which grants you unpaid time off with no effects to your health insurance coverage to seek medical treatment that affects your ability to work. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Centres You can continue to work while under treatment at a plush, 24-hour rehab centre that facilitates the interaction between the executive patients and their offices during the rehab.
- Outpatient Programs Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
CEOs of big companies, celebrities, and other famous persons prefer luxury rehab as they offer special treatment in their high-class amenities, assure privacy and the chance to be with others of their class; however, anyone is free to attend the treatment programmes as long as they can afford either by insurance, private payments or a marrying of the two.
How To Locate An Addiction Rehab Programme
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 246 1509 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.