Receive Dependency Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. You should obtain medical assistance from specialized abuse advisers if you know you can't handle the situation yourself.
Get in touch with us on 0800 246 1509 for the necessary assistance to assist you to get the right rehab centre where you can receive useful professional advice.
Professional counselling and therapy which form part of the ongoing therapy program includes doctor's prescription drugs to speed up recovery process.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. To aid your wellness and soberness, you are allowed to choose from the many obtainable treatment options that will serve you.
What Is The Role Of An Addiction Counsellor
With the assistance of an addiction counsellor, you can start to set up what truly led you to turn to opiates or alcohol, recognize potential triggers and build a durable program to keep up your sobriety.
The benefits of counselling are indispensable in a rehabilitation program whether it is inpatient or outpatient.
The counsellor will engage your loved ones or other addicts in the recovery plan by discussing with all of you as a group.
The possible contribution of family members through an unhealthy attachment may come up during such a group session. Identification of the patient's disorder towards addiction opens a window into post-treatment program.
The functions of addiction advisers;
- Offering unbiased help for individuals undertaking a therapy program.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- Periodic drug testing.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Contribute in collecting significant information on drug addiction treatment approach in an area.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of A Good Dependency Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Advisers must exercise some form of sentiments and should be keen to hear from his/her patient.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
Most counsellors are former addicts; this is a huge advantage to create a common ground of understanding between the patient and counsellor. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. In another development, the counsellor is able to pinpoint pitfalls that could derail full recovery progress
Good counselling also involves future focus diagnosis therapy and suggested treatment procedure of recurring psychological disorders. Completely recovery is what any good advisor should be interested in, this is the most vital attribute of a good therapist.
Various Therapy Treatments Obtainable
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Relying on the therapy centre, these may contain
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- DBT is used to take care of individuals with two-fold diagnosis and one of the fundamental goals is to assist patients in gaining determination and coping competences to deal with circumstances in healthy methods.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Focusing on specific addiction treatment identifies trigger points, to take control of stress reactions through deep relaxation techniques.
- The central concept of this kind of treatment is to get an individual into a calm condition to better comprehend what could be the reason for this drug-seeking and using attitudes.
- Holistic Therapies
- Additionally to the traditional therapy ways, holistic therapy support patients use introspection and understand coping skills.
- This therapy also enables patients to freely manifest their undisclosed thoughts and feel at ease while sharing them.
- Other forms of therapy used in treatment centres are yoga, art and animal therapy.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
Why You Need Addiction Counselling
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Your recovery might be incomplete if you fail to absence completely from the major substance causing the addiction, even after spending time talking about the obvious persistence sting and distresses, to your therapist.