Two processes that are essential first steps in determining a person's substance treatment plan are the withdrawal and substance detox processes. Often the impacts of the drug on the brain extend continued use and skew otherwise good judgment, It's important to have a period of no drug use in getting that person to a stable state of mind.
While having detox, the patient can have the chance to free his mind and contemplate about potential plans of obtaining treatment. The plan is to get the addict to start to acknowledge his/her addiction and to decrease and ultimately put an end to substance use.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox notes that this period is a "window of opportunity" for an individual in both medical and personal crises to consider further treatment.
What Is Detox?
SAMHSA defines detox as a series of interventions that are done to control withdrawal symptoms and acute intoxication. Detox, which is a precursor for substance abuse treatment, can last a few days or for a longer period such as months depending on the severity of the addiction among other factors. Futures of Palm Beach boasts detox experts who can assist you to treat withdrawal symptoms effectively and get you admitted to a customised treatment plan. It is highly and professionally recommended that addicts go through a long term treatment plan as detoxification does not deal with the social, emotional, cognitive and psychological issues that arise as a result of addiction.
Steps Of Drug Detox
The detoxification is based upon three steps, by the end, should ideally transition the individual into an inpatient or outpatient recovery plan.
- It is crucial to correctly diagnose and evaluate someone's dependency in order to devise a proper treatment plan that will be efficient.
- The assessment stage pinpoints the addiction and extent of use and reveals any hidden mental or medical conditions or complications that can occur with the substance abuse.
- Becoming Stable
- Patients start withdrawal from alcohol or drugs with the procedure called stabilization.
- The objective for this phase is to get to a substance-free condition.
- During this stage meds can be prescribed to assist with the addiction process, specifically when the patient used heavily in the past.
- Real acceptance of addiction can start as soon as the patient has reached "a state of balance" and his/her thoughts become sound.
- This lets patients find their role in the procedure and start the recovery program.
- Fostering Entry Into Drug Treatment
- A report explains that the major number of individuals undergoing detox do not look for further treatment for substance abuse addiction.
- While the reasoning for this differs from person to person, one thing is certain Often a higher success rates for substance abstinence are always there for those who follow through with drug-free treatment.
- So much weight is placed on addiction awareness and dedication towards sobriety.
- Once detox is over and done with, the patient can continue with the treatment plans that the facility offers including inpatient or outpatient options.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It's not too late to look for treatment for an addiction. If your life or those within your circle is challenged with drug dependency, contact Alcohol Rehab Stoke right away.
We boast a specialised treatment centre for addiction and trained experts who are committed to ensuring successful results. You can take help from a qualified clinician to determine what options are available to you and how you can move forward with achieving a drug-free life.