Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The objective of holistic recovery is to bring the mind, body and the spirit into an alignment.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Tai chi
- Meditation with guide
- Spiritual therapy
- Scheduled exercises
- Healthy nutrition
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
The person will be able to get rid of some symptoms such as insomnia and the loss of appetite. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Some of the primary objectives of holistic therapy include the following
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Getting the person's body back in shape
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Some Of The Practices Used In Holistic Treatment
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Therapy For Nutrition
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Meditation Drills
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. Medical supervision often becomes a necessity when looking forward to managing withdrawal symptoms from quitting alcohol and other central nervous system [CNS] depressants.
Traditional treatment methods that are usually included in holistic treatment programs include
- Professional medical assistance
- Private psychiatric counselling
Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous are also some of the effective strategies of stopping drug use.
Locating A Holistic Therapy Facility For Dependency Treatment
Holistic treatment is featured in many residential and outpatient treatment centres. Holistic therapy is not a medical treatment and seeks to help the patient balance all areas of life; this works well with other treatment plans for addictions. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
Contact us on 0800 246 1509 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.