Stoke Has10 Ideas On How To Stay Free From Alcohol After Rehab In Stoke Drug Rehab
You have undergone rehab for alcohol addiction, and now you are attempting an entry to the mainstream society. While you think about your future, you feel nervous and uncertain.
You are looking forward to remaining free from alcohol but are aware that the chances of relapse are just around the corner. In order to ensure abstinence from alcohol and drugs that are a number of things you can do.
- Find An Aftercare Program
- If you are focused to aftercare in a serious and continuing manner, you will find the support you require to remain sober.
- You can remain focused and grounded with the help of aftercare.
- Not going to an aftercare program will make it much easier for you to relapse at some point.
- The greatest success rate of sobriety is found in those that are realistic and seek aftercare therapy.
- Keep Busy
- You had made a commitment to yourself not to hang around with people that you earlier were friends with before you embarked upon a journey to a treatment because you do not want to be close to alcohol or drugs.
- Despite being a great step it could leave you with the feeling of loneliness.
- You need to reach out to your support system of trusted friends or us and others any time you get the urge to drink due to loneliness, restlessness or boredom.
- Spending their time without using alcohol is what many individuals that used to be alcoholics don't know how to do.
- You will find useful to make new friends and pick up new safe hobbies, which can help you kill the time even as you adjust to a clean life.
- Also, you can improve your confidence when you make smart choices if you find a job that can keep you occupied.
- Take Care Of Yourself
- The urge to use can be brought on by many things.
- A craving can be induced that you might not be expecting due to being hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
- Looking after your physical and emotional well being will help minimize risk.
- Having clean friends that you can talk to, sleeping enough and eating healthy meals can help in this regard.
- Follow The Relapse Avoidance Techniques You Learnt
- You have psychologically prepared for various situations that might trigger a relapse and you have done a great job on this while you were in rehab.
- You can get yourself out of many situations by using your new knowledge diligently the first year.
- Recovering alcoholics who choose to go on without using the techniques and skills they have learnt while ignoring triggers and circumstances that could lead to relapse are playing with fire.
- An important key to recovery is your knowledge of relapse awareness and it should be followed explicitly.
- If You Ever Slip And Drink Again Do Not Fall Back Into A Full-Fledged Abuse
- Even those that are extremely committed to recovery can slip into relapse.
- It will be a lifetime commitment when you decide to stay clean and will also require action, so if a relapse does occur, you are not required to come down hard on yourself and accept defeat right away.
- The feelings of regret can be powerful, but you must not at any cost fall back on your destructive habits.
- You can call us to discuss why you used alcohol again, what the triggers were and how you are feeling now if you do slip for any reason.
- Listen To The Suggestions We Can Provide You
- We are the specialists in teaching alcoholics how to lead lives without alcohol.
- Due to the number of people we've worked with and their experiences, we have a lot of knowledge at our disposal.
- Accept our advice with an open mind and heart.
- We offer tangible, good advice because we want you to stay clean after leaving treatment.
- Talk To Your Loved Ones
- Having an open discussion with your family is an effective method of ensuring that you would make healthy choices after the treatment.
- Let your family know how you are feeling.
- Maybe you are lonely or stressed or bored.
- Relapse can be triggered by all emotions, even by some great ones.
- You will make smart, healthy choices with the encouragement from your family, but you will also improve the relationship if you communicate with your loved ones.
- Have A Safety Net In Place As Well As A Support Network
- You need to start taking part in your aftercare therapy the moment you leave rehab.
- AA or Alcoholics Anonymous and NA or Narcotics Anonymous are some aftercare programs that will help you avoid triggers and temptations.
- You get the opportunity to learn from the mistakes others have made as well as the mistakes you have made.
- By attending NA and AA, you get a sponsor who you can call for support whenever you find yourself confronting a potential trigger.
- The network will always be available for you to stable you when you begin to stumble or fall.
- You will find out that you are stronger than you think.
- If You Are In School, Go And Speak To Your Advisor
- You can get to meet other students who have struggled with addiction too and this can give you a chance to make new friends.
- This is important if you're trying to stay away from old friends who still use.
- New friends are an opportunity to start over and open a new page.
- Use The Methods You Were Taught In Rehab
- While you are in the treatment you get the chance to learn the skills for dealing with the peer pressure and triggers.
- If you end up in situations where you are faced with temptation, you can make use of these skills to help yourself.
- You must do what is good for you and you have been prepared to do it.
- Call us or your aftercare therapist whenever you feel you need assistance to cope.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It takes time to recover so rehab shouldn't be seen as a complete solution. Getting into and seriously committing to an aftercare program is one of the crucial steps to staying clean. Developing support systems and communicating with family are important in your journey. An individualized mix of suggestions plus what you have learned from treatment can give you valuable tools for a great life because no single suggestion can ensure you will always stay clean.
You must always remember that "if you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got."